viernes, 11 de mayo de 2012

Sharing loneliness

Was I different then
Or was it I was less
Less different than I though I was
Or less different from her
Maybe I was a different person
Maybe she just wanted to pretend
To find someone to relate to
In that loneliness we shared
But the lonely remain lonely
As stubborn people hardly change
She moved on in her own path
And I was left back in my place
Without warning things kept moving
But I stood still without her
Like an old tree amidst a city
Like a river without rain
Withering despite all efforts
Love dried out and left us bare
She's still lonely, and so am I
We just parted, never cared
For the lonely know not company
Nor the way how to revert
The desire to be with someone
Without having to depend
Or adapt or give up something
That will make the other stay
Now we've got no one to hold us
And we're bound to stay the same
For as long as I can't mend me
For as long as she's afraid
There is no hope for either one of us
Though for each other we were made

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Ándele, sin pena!